Thursday 10 October 2013

Message to My Friends & Supporters

Dear Friends/Supporters,

It has been a while since I last gave you an update. First of all, I would like to thank you all for supporting me and my effort to save the tigers as well as their habitat in China over the years.

There have been however some changes in the past year and I have moved on to a new organization to continue with my tiger and wildlife conservation work. The new charity is called China Tiger Revival.

It is based in Australia and UK, and comprises boards of reputable directors advised by accomplished scientific advisors. We endeavour to continue to raise awareness for the plight of the tigers, and in particular the South China tigers in China and around the world and support the conservation effort for both the tigers as well as other important cat species and their habitat.

I am very pleased to report that the successful re-wilding and breeding experiment that I initiated ten years ago is now considered a viable model to supplement wild tiger populations in other tiger range countries, as well as being applied to other big cat species such as the Jaguar. I am so honoured to have recently been invited to give talks about this successful experiment to various conservation institutions including the International Conservation Genetics course and the recent Wild10 Congress.

I would like to thank you all for your generous support and I hope you will continue to support tiger and wildlife conservation in general. It will be a great pity if we lose these charismatic species in our lifetime.

Best wishes,

TigerLi Quan

No comments: