Monday 16 February 2015

SUCH A PAIN, THE GIRL FROM BEIJING (Translated from Wechat)



Over the years I have lived outside of China, I have come across various remarks on me, ranging from the complimentary, to the derogative, and to utter bewilderment. Many people have a stereotypical view of what the folks of so and so culture are like, but when behaviours do not fall into stereotypes, people would comment “oh you are not very Chinese” etc. But just as there are eighty shades of Chinese, there are also more than  eighty shades of Chinese women. 

When I stumbled on this description of women from Beijing as viewed by other Chinese, I thought I should translate and share it here. With the exception of one line, it is amazingly accurate. Many Chinese do not like or can not digest milk, so forget about drinking Sanyuan milk. 

Despite the fact that many Beijingers have ancestral homes elsewhere in China, they inevitably acquire that Beijing character when they are born in Beijing, no matter which part of China their parents originally come from. It is the air, the earth, the sound of the crickets, and the street lives in Hutongs, that make a Beijinger Beijinger.

Enjoy!

-----------
The Beijing girl is a fast talker, simple-headed, & kind-hearted.
The Beijing girl does not like any contests. She doesn't care if you believe her or not. Take it or leave it.
The Beijing girl does not beg. If you can’t deal with her, she will let you off the hook.
The Beijing girl is not class conscious. She can have a conversation with anyone, anywhere.
The Beijing girl is casual. She likes to wear dark-coloured trousers, sitting wherever she pleases. But she also loves to be clean. 

The Beijing girl is not so lady-like and graceful. She loves laughing and talking loud as she pleases. Only good friends close to her can understand her.
The Beijing girl is not so virtuous. But at least she won’t be waiting for you at home expecting you to bring the spoon to her mouth everyday.
The Beijing girl is not a snob. She loves you whether you are rich or not. The fun lies in two people pulling forces together.
The Beijing girl is simple, believing whatever you tell her.  If you have the gut to lie to me, do I have the nerve not to believe you?
The Beijing girl is not so squeamish. She can bear pain and hardships but the person she suffers for must be worthy of her.
The Beijing girl is polite.  As much as she can be shy, she will still address you cordially.  She is simple.

I am a Beijing girl, rising in the morning with the songs of pigeons in the sky since childhood!
I am a Beijing girl. I SO get tired of the person I love that I treat him better than my own life!
I am a Beijing girl. I just love trashing those closest to me and bickering with them. 
I am a Beijing girl. I will pound the table with my eyes staring at those whose actions I find offensive. No one can stop me.
I am a Beijing girl. I grew up drinking milk made by Sanyuan!

I am a Beijing girl. I must wear cheongsam and hairpin when getting married!
I am a Beijing girl. I am just mischievous as if missing something in my head.
I am a Beijing girl.  I will never forget catching cicadas with bamboo poles in the summer when I was a child.
I am a Beijing girl. I just love bird cages and grasshopper cans, while holding two cracked walnuts in my hands!


Beijing girls are all so proud! And Why Not?! We grew up in the heart of our motherland.


北京姑娘就是这个范儿!

北京姑娘话密,人傻,心眼儿好!
北京姑娘不爱较真儿,你爱信不信,不信拉倒。
北京姑娘不死切摆列,你能不能过,不能过散。
北京姑娘不拘谨,哪儿哪儿都聊的开,跟谁都能侃。
北京姑娘随性,穿个深色裤子,出去逮哪儿都能坐,人家也爱干净。

北京姑娘不那么淑女,不那么文雅,她们爱大声说笑,随意侃谈,只有身边要好的朋友,才懂她们。
北京姑娘不那么贤惠,但人家起码不会在家天天等你回来喂饭!
北京姑娘不那么势力,你有钱我爱你,你没钱我也爱你,俩人一块儿使劲才有乐儿呢。
北京姑娘单纯,你说什么我信什么,要是你都好意思骗我,我好意思不信么?
北京姑娘不那么娇气,她们吃的了苦,受的了罪,但得看身边儿是个什么人,值不值得!
北京姑娘有礼貌,要是去了你们家,害臊归害臊,该叫什么叫什么,门儿清。


我是北京姑娘,从小听着满天的鸽子声儿起床!
我是北京姑娘,我对我爱的人就是腻味,玩了命的对丫好!
我是北京姑娘,我对我亲近的人就是爱损丫跟丫贫!
我是北京姑娘,我看不惯的事就拍桌子瞪眼跟丫较劲死磕,谁都不好使!
我是北京姑娘,我身边就是有一堆别人眼里不上流的胡同串子哥们姐们!


我是北京姑娘,我从小喝着三元的奶长大!
我是北京姑娘,结婚我就得穿着旗袍插着簪子!
我是北京姑娘,我就是脑袋缺根弦儿爱贫爱闹!
我是北京姑娘,一辈子都记得夏天举个竹竿子粘季鸟儿!
我是北京姑娘,就喜欢鸟笼子,蝈蝈罐,手里还得揉着两个破核头!

北京姑娘个个自信满满!咱从小跟祖国的心脏,凭什么不自信!

老北京城


1 comment:

George Mark said...

Thanks for sharing such a great stuff. i would like to appreciate this article. Any one can find the best Divorce lawyer in China :